So far, I’m pretty thrilled about the games that have been announced at E3, including the surprises and rumored titles. After doing a little updating of my Backloggery wishlist, I thought I’d write up a little bit about the most intriguing titles to me.
Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)
– I’m including it, even though it was a separate announcement. I loved Bravely Default and can’t wait to continue.
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
– As this game had one of the strongest impacts on me as a young gamer, I’m excited to see how this remake works. Although I think some things will need to be totally redone in a fully 3D environment.
Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)
– Looks great. Although what was wrong with the name “If”?
Genei Ibun Roku FE aka Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U)
– Wasn’t really expecting this to tun into a totally separate thing. The styles look beautiful – and it was really exciting to see some dear old Fire Emblem friends in the trailer.
Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
– This looks great, even if not terribly different from say, Star Fox 64.
Yo-Kai Watch (3DS)
– After seeing some of the translated screens in the teaser, it seems like Nintendo’s localization will not whitewash the translations. They still use the word “Yo-kai” in the title and dialogue (I was half worried they would be called Spirits or Monsters), and some of the most recognizable names remain – Whisper, Jibanyan, etc.
Also Interesting – Might Buy
The Last Guardian (PS4)
No Man’s Sky (PS4)
Rare Replay (XOne)
World of Final Fantasy (Vita)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
I’m excited for this next year, although it looks like I probably will need to buy a PS4 soon. My poor wallet…